Cyber Security Instructor (6pm-9pm M-Th)
Evolve is building out its instructor pool and looking for security professionals passionate about training new security talent. Work during the day at your current employer and then come share your knowledge and expertise to individuals passionate about entering the cyber security field.
Classes take place in the Chicago Loop in the Merchandise Mart at 1871, the #1 ranked start-up incubator in the US. Commitment of ~15 hours per week. Classes meets Monday - Thursday from 6pm - 9pm and every other Saturday from 10am - 3pm. Next cohort (Winter 2017) begins September 11, 2017.
Instructors lead discussions, provide analysis of security concepts, facilitate hands-on labs, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students. Throughout the course, the lead instructor’s efforts are complemented by Evolve adjunct instructor lectures.
· The overall training and success of the student cohort.
· Daily delivery of curriculum, instruction, reviews and labs.
· Communicate advanced security concepts.
· Provide curriculum and lab enhancements.
· Serve as a mentor to students.
· Design and manage processes for effective student learning.
· 4 or more years of information security experience.
· Understanding of incident response processes, methodologies and tools.
· Familiarity with hardening cloud environments such as AWS and Azure.
· Experience with OWASP and web application security.
· Proficiency in administering Linux and Windows servers.
· In-depth knowledge of offensive and defensive security capabilities.
· Formal teaching or instruction experience.
· Knowledge of hiring process for security analysts.
· Proficiency in Python.
· Experience working with enterprise security teams, commercial tools and open source security tools.
· ISC2 CISSP certification.