When is the next start date?
Summer 2017 Part-Time Cohort starts May 29, 2017.
- 4-Week Remote program will kick-off on Monday, May 29, 2017. This is when students will be given their pre-requisite materials and assignments that will be completed over the next 4 weeks remotely.
- 13-Week On-Site program occurs Monday through Thursday from 6:00pm to 9:00pm, and every other Saturday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. On-site program begins Monday, June 26, 2017 at 1871 in the Merchandise Mart and will end on Thursday, September 21, 2017. The first Saturday class will be, July 8, 2017.
How much does the bootcamp cost?
How is tuition paid?
Option 1: Pay full tuition upfront
A $500 discount will be applied to tuition if paid in full on or before the off-site prerequisite work is released (May 29, 2017).
Option 2: Pay half upfont / half later
A $1,000 non-refundable deposit must be made within 7 days of the date of acceptance letter in order to secure your spot in the cohort. The first tuition installment of $4,500 will be due before the off-site prerequisite work is released (May 29, 2017).
Second tuition installment of $4,500 will be due halfway through the on-site program portion (July 10, 2017).
Option 3: Financing
Are scholarships available?
Evolve Security Academy is passionate about filling each cohort with top talent with diverse educational, occupational, and socioeconomical backgorunds. Partial scholarships are available and are merit based and awarded upon acceptance into the Academy and include the following:
- Veteran Scholarships
- Women Scholarships
- Minority Scholarships
- General Scholarships
What do I get when I graduate?
Upon successful completion of the Academy, you will have demonstrated the ability to not only understand the theory behind information security, but also how to apply it in real world situations. In addition graduates receive:
- Designation of Evolve Security Certified Professional (ESCP)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- A network of cyber security professionals and experts from many different organizations and backgrounds
- Real world project experience as a Security Apprentice you can share with potential employers
- Preparation for other information security certifications if you choose to pursue them
- Job placement services and a commitment to placing you into a cyber security related job
How is the hiring rate determined?
Statistics include Graduates that have been offered a full-time or a contract-to-hire security job within 6 months of becoming an Evolve Security Certified Professional (ESCP) and became Employment Seeking. Graduates that have not been offered a security position are included in the statistics 6 months after having received a certificate of completion.
Graduates who are included in our success and hiring metrics meet all of the following criteria:
- Graduate is Employment Seeking and looking for hiring opportunities in information security.
- Graduates that go on an extended leave of absence during the 6 month window are not included (but we pick up working with the graduate as soon as they come back).
- Graduate followed and complied with Evolve's Outcomes Program, which includes taking ownership of their job search, continuous activity on job boards, weekly tracking of job placement process, attending networking events, and continuous education.
- Graduate successfully completed the 17 week long program (having no unexcused attendance for classes, labs, and workshops).
- Graduate personally paid all tuition payments on time and in full.
- Graduate was responsive to Evolve and worked with us during the job application process.
- Graduates who enter into other educational or training programs within the 6 months are not included in the statistics.
- Graduate took all phone and in-person interviews made available to them.
- Security Job is a position where more than half of the roles and responsibilities are security related.
Additional Hiring Information
- 92% of graduates seeking a cyber security got hired within 6 months
- Hired graduates experienced an average salary increase of 60%
- Graduates hired within 70 days on average.
- Graduates offered average total compensation of $62,600.
- Statistics last updated March 2017.
What kinds of jobs fo graduates get?
Candidates who successfully complete the Cyber Security curriculum will be qualified for the following positions (not a comprehensive list):
- Security Analyst/Engineer
- Cybersecurity Analyst/Engineer
- Network Security Analyst/Engineer
- IT Security Analyst/Engineer
- InfoSec Analyst/Engineer
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Security Sales Engineer
- Associate Security Consultant (Technical/Compliance)
Where are you located?
1871 (ranked #1 incubator in U.S.)
222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite #1212
Chicago, IL 60654
How much experience do I need?
We are looking for candidates with the right ATTITUDE and APTITUDE. Candidates who are PASSIONATE about learning security and are CURIOUS in nature, will be successful in the Academy. We can teach you the technical skills that are needed to enter the industry, but you need to have the drive, work ethic, and passion to learn these skills that are needed.
Secondary Pre-Requiste (Technical)
Candidates with the following experience are more strongly considered:
- 1 - 3 years IT or development experience
- Basic understanding of networking and/or application concepts
- Proficiency in a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Working knowledge of common operating systems and familiarity with command line operation (Windows and Linux)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- IT Certifications:
Candidates who do not meet these requirements may be eligible to go through our on-line prep course. Candidates who successfully complete the preparation course will be eligible for the Security Academy.
What Hardware / Sofware do I need?
A PC or Mac laptop with Virtual Machine software installed (VirtualBox or VMWare). Laptop with at least 8GB of Memory is required and a Solid State Drive (SSD) is highly recommended.